Friday, July 30, 2010

Lucid

I went to see the movie Inception last week, it was in an IMAX theater.  I have always been interested in lucid dreaming and related items.  The movie tried to explain some things at a third grade level but then brushed big concepts aside with the common “the military created it” prop.  The surgically injected the required number of comical punch lines but surprisingly opted out of the on screen romance, unless you include the part with the dead chick.

Anyway, I thought it was great, and it reawakened in me my fascination with the topic.  Since then I have had two lucid dreams.  In once I opened doors I knew I wasn’t suppose to and knocked over a huge Christmas tree.  In another, I was walking to a bus in India and I realized it was a dream because I knew I wasn’t supposed to be in India.  I stopped, turned and headed to a small beggar girl.  I was confused if I should feel sorry for her since it was only a dream.

Twenty years ago or so I use to experiment more.  The excitement of knowing it was a lucid dream would typically get me so excited that I only had a few seconds before I brought myself out of it.  I have verified that I dream in color and I have awoken from one dream state into another.  My next goal will be to see if I can do this three layers deep.

When it works right, experiencing a lucid dream is being in a world that is more vivid and alive then anything we can perceive in the real world, even one altered by substances since you still have complete access to all parts of your brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment